Vir2sense provides combustion and emissions virtual sensors. Virtual sensors are ultra-fast models, which provide accurate combustion and emission values, calculated from engine actuator, engine state and environmental inputs.
Virtual sensors can be used to replace/assist physical sensors, for:
- Engine torque feedback control
- Engine emission feedback control
- Engine online optimization for emission compliance and fuel consumption minimization
- Engine after-treatment control
- Physical sensor plausibility checks
The advantage of virtual sensors compared to physical sensors include:
- Near-zero sensor response time (millisecond calculation time) – important for engine emission feedback and after-treatment control
- Unlimited sensor reliability
- Zero marginal sensor cost
Virtual sensors can be provided as pre-tuned sensors or as self-tuning sensors for online tuning based on a physical sensor input.